The operation of Key Call is simple:
- Customer places order at the counter which starts a timer
- Customer is given an order “Key”
- When the customer selects his/her table, they insert the key into the Key Call unit
- A signal is sent back to the kitchen indicating where to deliver the order
- When order is ready, runner looks at the screen and goes to that table
- The key is collected and brought back to the kitchen to stop the timer
Orders are displayed on the screen with order number, table number and elapsed time. As time increases, the order changes colors making it easy to pick out late orders. If an order exceeds the programmed time, the manager is paged immediately with the order and table number.
The best feature of Key Call is that the manager can generate daily reports showing food delivery times. Each report can further be broken down by hour or minute showing precise timing for each dining interval. The report will show average delivery time, as well as, how many times a manger was paged.
For those restaurants wanting to allow guests to page your staff for service, we offer a Key Call unit with Push For Service feature. Using this feature, guests can call a staff member for table side service. This feature allows quick casual restaurants to give the same level of service as a traditional restaurant.
Key Call operates on any monitor (preferably a touch screen) with the following requirements:
- 17″ Monitor
- Displays 1280 x 1024 67Hz resolution
- Must use ELO Drivers (Accutouch 2216 chipset)
- Ethernet Port